Thread: new TA
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 10:12 AM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by MidwestMaster View Post
It's not about what UPS pilots have. It's about the wants for the future. What's in the current contract is water under the bridge. That ship sailed years ago. This is about securing QOL improvements going forward and correct me if I'm wrong but with the exception of a bankruptcy, I don't know of any airline that came back with a worse TA than a previously rejected one. I don't walk into a car dealership and take the first price they offer me. Same logic applies. As mentioned in previous posts, UPS wants this. They agreed to this. There is obviously something in it for them, and that is exactly what IPA pilots should all be fearful of if this gets voted in. Even if the pilots have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a new contract earlier than what the IPA claims by voting the TA down, then the gamble is a wash with a 10% raise over 3 more long years of horrifying schedules

I truly hate that logic that is suddenly being used, “they agreed to this” “something in it for them”. That logic dictates we never agree to anything with the company, ever. There is ALWAYS something in it for both sides, period.

Using your car dealership analogy, how about we look at todays car market. You walk into a dealership and they offer you a price, you say no, I want something better. They say ok, there’s the door. That is literally how it works today. UPS isn’t going to negotiate something better if we vote no, and many in ATL will celebrate not giving us a raise.