Thread: Yes or No
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Galaxy5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.
Please read outside of section 3. I’d be happier taking the current contract with the 5% pay raise we already have on the books into a recession than all the gives in this TA and a subpar 9.5% pay raise.