Thread: Yes or No
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:07 AM
massgflight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
Hey everyone. Delta guy here. While sitting in my house sipping bourbon naked with just my hat on (naturally), I decided to check out what you guys thought in your TA. Wasn’t going to comment, as it’s not mine to vote on. But in reference to our TA 1 in contact 2015, here’s a little background for those unaware.

Our initial TA (known as TA 1) had many gives back to the company. The biggest of which was changing (reducing) our profit sharing formula. We were told over and over, by both our MEC, and management “There is no other deal! This is it. It will not get better than this. Take it or leave it.” Our MEC chair at the time actually said we would have a contract imposed on us by the PEB if we didn’t accept it.

Reviews were mixed at first. Eventually, as the vote got closer, a social media storm doomed that hunk of junk. We voted it down by almost a 70/30 ratio in the summer of 2015.

The MEC and negotiating committee were replaced and sent back to the table to get a deal we would agree on. It took another year, but in Sep 2016, we voted and passed TA 2 that was vastly improved on TA 1 in almost every way.

Just a little background on our own crappy TA and how we dealt with it.

Good luck, and I hope you guys get a great contract. So we can get a great contract. So you guys can get a great contract…it helps all of us.

Now excuse me while I go polish the brass on my hat and yell at people on guard.

Thanks for taking the time Delta. Personally I love being able to laugh and get believable info from another major pilot.

When this fails can I finally submit my inputs to the NC?

Will we be solicited for inputs?

~4 years here and no one ever asked me what I want. But being the only major, or airline for that matter with Field standby, a substandard raise given market conditions/inflation, the likelihood we would loose PP trips won’t work.

Someone mentioned Hamilton is ready to unleash? Doubtful if he let this out.

We just got the oldest piece of rotten bate to see if we’re hungry enough to swallow. If we eat it I think we will all fall ill and wither.

Bummer we’ve wasted this opportunity. Now back to the pool, naked, with my basil, and a some hottie. Good luck to us on the redo. Maybe Delta can lead the way.