Thread: Yes or No
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:26 PM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Wait a minute guys. United Airlines is still a great place to work. Sans the current quagmire we find ourselves in, we currently have the best CBA in the industry; I need to repeat that. TODAY, United is unequivocally the best place for a major airline pilot to work; we just have to make sure it stays that way. I remain in contact with Pilots at the other majors and we still have a lot to be proud of here at United . Don’t submit to defeatism. Our Union gets it right 99% of the time. Unfortunately, this TA falls in the other 1%. It’s just business. I’ve worked with Jeff Brown and Mike Hamilton both, my opinion hasn’t changed; both are good, hard working peers and volunteers. But anyone can make a mistake occasionally; this TA is a mistake. Don’t take it personally. Also, don’t take concessions. We can vote no without demonizing our airline or our fellow Pilots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I respectfully disagree. Your CURRENT contract is not the best contract in the industry. I have a perspective from both a legacy and now FDX. Currently FDX is far superior in the following areas.

1. Retirement- Pension and DC plan

2. Pay- Hourly rates combined with work rules pay substantially more per day of work. Especially on international trips!

3. Pay- Almost entire career on WB pay

4. Vacation- 6 hours per day of vacation and hard line bidding makes for substantially better vacation in pay and days off with conflicting. You can expand and slide vacation and knock out substantially more than even the credit you have for vacation. Apples vs Oranges with a PBS vacation system.

5. Scheduling- Once again hardline bidding and the ability to conflict. Layer on top of that our numerous tools to trade/drop/swap and it is night and day compared to PBS

This is not meant as a you know what comparison but reality from someone who has seen a legacy and FDX. Truly hope you guys can get a great contract.