Old 06-30-2022, 09:15 PM
Dashgreat
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022
Default Pay shortage

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
Horizon was concerned because of AAG's ties to American which leaked what their wholly owned was about to drop. What's head scratching is QX trying to get our LOA out and done when they knew all these other 'better' offers at other regionals was going to be released right before we had the vote. IMO this kills QX. They can't match the recently released offers because of the aircraft drawdown situation... they openly said the intent is to not retain pilots less than 5 years and need the majority of them to move on with the reduction in fleet, but they need to retain the lifers and anyone over 5 years thinking about staying longer (Check pilots) so they can eventually rebuild. QX pilot group votes No and then what? Match the market and hope the less than 5 years pilots leave so a lot of money isn't burned? Management might have one more offer but would be surprised if they matched what's out there now unless they specifically gave huge bonuses to pilots >5 years.
I think they realize that the only reason to vote yes is if you are planning on staying until 2023 when 4.2 would kick in. So I think management was hoping for around a 60% yes vote and that would reassure them that roughly 60% of our pilots want to stick around until 2023.

I'm hoping that the 90% no vote in making them think more reasonably about the pilot pay shortage.