View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:25 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Str8 Cash Homie View Post
Lmao. Thanks chief, I’m well aware of how that all works. It’s more damaging than you even you could believe, as experience is lost at a staggering amount and this seniority list has become very, very, junior. I’d bet over 70% of our captains haven’t hit 500 hours of PIC, and closer to 90% of our FO’s don’t even have 1,000 hours of turbine time. That’s a significant amount of inexperience. Yet it’s been business as usual for SGU the past year. Hats off to the instructors keeping this airline safe, as someone who’s been through training events in both seats, they do a great job of holding high standards and expectations.
Nobody is deriding the quality of instruction at OO.

I don’t know why a random Spirit pilot is so obsessed with what’s going on at SkyWest Inc. anyways.
Not “obsessed” in the least, and wishing OO pilots no ill will whatsoever. Have a number of friends there and have often jumpseated with OO and found nothing but professionalism. But I do think it’s important for everyone in the profession - even junior FOs - to understand the dynamics of what is going on in the profession currently. Do you disagree?

Last edited by Excargodog; 07-02-2022 at 08:37 AM.