View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 07:52 PM
Flightsoffusion
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
This year I have flown with many who are 55-60ish who have no intentions to upgrade when eligible, even for a couple of years. They seem to be just enjoying the ride. More to life than than left seat, especially if you have planned accordingly. There is so much to get into while abroad (now that things have lightened up) or slam click your door, read books you have always wanted to read, catch-up on the sleep you never had, or just continue to try to find the end of the internet. Nothings perfect, but it’s what you make of it.

*In my early fifties myself and life is too short so like Han Solo told Chewbacca when flying amongst the empire fleet - “Keep your distance though, Chewie…but don't look like your tryin' to keep your distance. I don't knowfly casual.

**Flew with an early retirement due to CVD19 guy from Delta who absolutely is enjoying the globetrotting. He doesn’t need this obviously, but it’s a different world for him. Doubtful he has apps in elsewhere. (but I have been wrong before)
Enjoyed reading this. Thank you! Pretty much my sentiments. Kids are grown and gone and the wife would love some time to herself. To be able to just blast out of town for a few weeks and meander the skies with some good company would be very welcoming. Even offer free drum lessons after 45 years playing to anyone who's interested.

Blue skies..