Thread: 767 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 09:12 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Last month I finished my BWI-MIA, and when I landed I had like 2 emails and 5 missed calls from scheduling. They asked me if instead of my overnight, I’d be willing to DH to Austin , do a AUS-RIV next day, and then home, 2 days earlier. I said YES!, why wouldn’t I go home earlier. Next day they added 3 flights and no more early home for me

MIA flying looks great to be honest, but the seniority situation is ridiculous.

I wish JFK 747 had the same flying JFK 767 does, it’d be the best job on earth.
Yowza, they pulled a fast one on you unfortunately. Maybe get the deal/agreement written in the notes/memo section to hold them to it. Snapshot it of course just to be sure. When you start the 74 long haul there will be times where they attempt to fly you over and above. Know the limits/requirements and you can have some meaningful gains in your favor. Is it the JFK 767 pax operations you desire? Ticketed front end on day 1 looks enticing? Europe centric? Or something else.
*While Afghanistan was a thing, it was a great run for some of us 74 folks. Some decent runs thru Dubai, India, Liege, Kuwait, Doha, etc. Fun while it lasted.

MIA is phenomenal for those who live nearby. Definitely a highly sought after racket, hence the seniority.