View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 05:18 AM
GSP848
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Default Intro

Hello everyone! My name is Mason. I am currently a police officer in Iowa of a city of 100k residents in a small metro of about 500k people. I decided to leave the career field of law enforcement about two years ago and looked at driving for UPS, working the Railroads, and many other options before the thought of being a pilot just sort of popped into my mind. I did a little research and discovered that you DON'T have to come from the Airforce to be an airline pilot haha. I had always wanted to be a military pilot but when I was in highschool, I never thought I was smart enough. I had since always wanted to get my PPL but couldn't justify spending ten thousand dollars on a hobby.....but perhaps I could justify it if I thought it could be a career... Thats where I am now. I have been doing my flight lessons at my local airport and picking up a bunch of overtime to fund it. I have about 60 hours and will take my PPL checkride in about a week. I am all in on this career path. My ultimate future goals would be to work for a major airline or a bigger corporate flight department. I appreciate any advice you may have to give. Thanks.