View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 06:58 PM
BobSacamano
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by friend View Post
They don’t give you a free ATP as a first Officer, it’s not 121 flying, why would anyone want to go to JSX when every single regional is hiring with anyone with a pulse, and you get a free ATP and you get 121 flying and within less then 2 years go to majors

what would be the reason someone would want to go to JSX now, unless your already a captain and a senior fo then I get it but a new hire no way!!!
QOL if you live in base. Quicker (even quicker) Captain upgrade. Simple as that.

I got hired as a 1400 hr CFI and the alternative for me would’ve been commuting to reserve at some regional. Instead I went to JSX, woke up and played with my kid, drove to work, flew up and down the West Coast, then came back in time for dinner. Absof*ckinglutely priceless.

I left awhile ago and I’m sure no company is perfect but if you’re a low timer with a young family and you want to try your hand at this whole pilot shortage / see if you can get to a major without the regional suck, JSX is a legit option if you live in a base.