View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 06:50 AM
jeju145
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Clt/Phl/mdt all vacillate in how senior they are. It’s very hard to say how junior/senior a base will go based on attrition, etc. What I can say is that at present there are captains in their 4th year with the company that can’t hold a line. For august the most junior captain to hold a line in Clt looks to be a late2018/early2019 new hire. I think if you accept a Dec position it’s safe to assume you will be bottom of the list for 2-3 years; if it takes less than 2 years you are lucky. If you live in base reserve life isn’t terrible. Keep in mind that is based on maintaining the current size of the airline. If PDT grows it will take less time if it shrinks more, just ask the Phl captains who have seen the lines in Phl decrease from 115 in December to 65 in august

Originally Posted by Huskypilot View Post
I was told by a recruiter that Charlotte is junior for DECs and reserve might be only a month or two. I was also told there are no breaks in training and that 3 months after starting, IOE would be completed. Is this really just evil marketing?