Thread: Age 67
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 05:50 PM
guppie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: B-737 Captain

Thumbs Up said:
I’m just correcting what you said. Biden didn’t say anything. Had he said something, it would have given credence to the claim that congress couldn’t pass something and the president would sign it into law. Not that I think that there is enough support in either chamber to make that happen at the moment.

Correcting what I said? What did I say? That a bill needs the President's signature to become law? That's a fact (unless there are enough votes to override a veto). I think your problem is with Fox Business and their headline. Because they know, like everybody, that the Sect. of Transportation is part of the President's administration.

The Biden administration says that 66 years old is too old for commercial airline pilots....
I LOVE that headline.

The FAA (part of Transportation) could change the retirement age, this statement by Pete lets us know that's not going to happen. Not on this Administration's watch. As for changing it in the legislature, Lindsay Graham (R) SC and his colleagues have made some headlines talking about changing the retirement age. It's good to know we have a friend of labor in the White House who opposes this effort.

Enjoy the attrition.