View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 09:41 PM
TurbulentSkies
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by V1rotate2500 View Post
This post is for anyone thinking about joining Aviate in hopes that it will better there chances at United. First of all there is NO SENIORITY LIST , that means once you reach your requirements they will pick you if they decide. There are people who joined Aviate before others and have not been called.

United also has contract obligations with the regional carriers so they will NOT take all of there Aviate participants as much as you would think. Instead they are hiring pilots with 2 years of experience mainly from Envoy,Piedmont and PSA.

If your already in Aviate or at the Academy get ready for what’s next. You’ll be stuck at regional express carrier for United making $40 less than a AA regional. You’ll have no Senority number and you’ll be flying a dying fleet unless you go to MESA or GOJET.
You make a great observation. I’m in Aviate and have been for awhile and still haven’t received a call and yet “less experienced” pilots are getting hired off the street.

I do NOT believe in flows or programs of any sort. Example, look at Compass Airlines, owned by Northwest up/down flow and now they are no longer with us. (RIP Conpass). Just saying this industry is two shades of messed up and hope I didn’t just date myself here 😂