View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 07:43 AM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

So.. interesting times and TOPIC-

Some of you may have heard of my incident regarding the C5 Chairman, back on the 28th of Sept, 2020.
I was involved in a situation where I got into his personal space.
I was wrong, and the next day I apologized via ProStands.
That apology was not accepted..... (initially)

Mind you, this was at a union event, out of uniform and off company property.

What happened next is an eye opener about how both our company and our union work.
I was suspended (with pay) a week after! Immediately AFTER completing a required IOE event.

For 2 and a half months I was put through a circus with regards to an investigation, written report, and countless phones calls/conference calls.
It was only in mid December that I was "allowed" to be put back on line, though I was told the investigation was not over.

April of 21.. yes, over 6 moths later- was everything "dropped".

That our union allowed the company to not only get involved into union issues is troublesome. That our union allows the company to look into our personal, private lives is just as troublesome.

Not matter what your take or feel is about my incident or the incident that the C11VC just went through, there can be no doubt that the culture of our union is broken and needs to be changed.
But have no doubt, this did not happen over night. This started back in Oct 2018 when our union started to get into bed with management.
Having not spoken to either parties involved, we can only go with what has been posted. Trust me- I know!

But we will now see how our union and company handles an even more serious case than what I experienced.

Fly Safe, Fly Professionally and Fly the Contract
Always
Motch