Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:10 AM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
121 regional guy looking for a change and a 15/13 schedule. What is a typical day like, any info is good, like is it min rest and 12 hour days? Am i cleaning and vacuuming the airplane myself? Can I get reasonably health food while working? Are the passengers reasonable to work with?
A lot depends on the fleet. The meat and potatoes is the XL and CJ3, I can only speak for those. A TYPICAL day is 4 legs with 2 being repos (my experience is the last flight of the day is typically a repo for the next day). I've had 5 leg days and I've sat in the hotel room with no flights (and everywhere in between). I can count my min rest days in the 7 months I have been here on 1 hand (maybe a stretch to two hands). Yes, you are cleaning and vacuuming yourself however its not as bad as it sounds. We typically only have 2-3 high end (well behaved) passengers and not many kids. Again, "TYPICALLY! " I have had 5 pax (3 kids) and a shedding dog. Typically in those cases we can call the company and have them schedule a cleaning. A typical cleaning is throwing away water bottles, snack wrappers, fix seat belts, and maybe 1x per day (or every other day) grabbing a hand held vacuum from the FBO and spend 10 minutes vacuuming. They very seldom send you from the hotel to the FBO and have you sit around. If you have no flights scheduled and you are coming up on check-out time, they will typically tell you to extend the night (unless they know a trip is upcoming). If you enjoy the randomness of not knowing where you will be flying tomorrow (as I do), 135 is pretty fun. I had 1 8 day rotation where I touched all 4 corners of the country (Seattle, Boston, Key West, Southern California)...you wouldnt find that a a regional!