Thread: Contract negotiations

Margaritaville , 07-21-2022 08:25 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Margaritaville
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2020
Quote: Way to go making light of a fellow crew members dreadful experience. Maybe we need to focus more on the reserve QOL, being that all new hires will have to experience that, and forget about the HDMWD complaint, being that its just a snotty few who have to worry about it?

Don't allow those who could have a good career else where consider this dump for more than a second without knowing the truth about how little they will make or how they will be abused or how they will never upgrade in FL in the next 10-15 years. Some of us have reason to be stuck here. If only I could go back
What he meant by that was "Son, all you need to do is get you some more seniority".

Quote: You don’t need to be stuck here. According to some on here, before 2024 you could be making $400-$500k at AA with their 10 month captain upgrade.

As bad as QOL is on reserve, it’s still better here imo than at any other airline. I for one appreciate the home every night schedule (even if it’s not every night, the fact that it’s well over 90% system wide is pretty damn good if you value home every night which myself and my family do).
GTFOH. That's high seniority talking and the high seniority guys like you who only sit reserve if you pick up a RAP on a Tuesday are totally out of touch with what those below you are dealing with. Reserve at other airlines (or air lines if you like hats and positive space commuting) is long call with 12 hour report. If you live in base it's pretty easy to forget you have a job. Commuting is nothing if you plan ahead. Even if they convert you to short call or you're on a short call line it's "promptly available" (undefined but generally accepted as 2-3 hours and driving distance from the airport) which is still better than here with "90 minutes to the parking lot" and handing out no-shows like candy because you were in the shower and didn't call them back for 11 minutes.

You also gotta stop with the "I'm home every night" crap. BFD. If you love your home and family that much you should probably bid PVU. So if you're not "Mo", you go on a trip, drink your way across the country, then enjoy your home even more when you get back from your trip. I'm sorry, but G4 is one of the most boring jobs I've ever had. You fly to the same places with the same people every day then go home every night and do the same things. The only thing we do that other airlines can't is lots of days off if you're senior because of our efficient trips.

And yeah those who got their S- together and left early this year are going to see the left seat in less than 2 years at any legacy carrier. Making $300K on reserve. Home every night at least half the month (oh yeah legacy pilots also don't get 20 reserve days on their schedule every month, 14-16 is the norm).

It's been said 100 times and I'll say it again. Unless you're super senior here you're wasting your life by staying right now. Stop talking yourself into complacency.

MS leaving should have been a huge wake up call for everyone.