View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 03:12 PM
DocMcFly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: E-175 FO

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Breeze,

Like everybody else said, the cleaning is just basic stuff where we treat the jet like it is our own or just like our own car.. When our passengers deplane, we do a quick vacuum if it needs it. We will give the tables a quick wipe, and give the toilet a quick flush to see if it smells OK, LOL.. So sure, we do a little cleaning, but I don’t feel that my dignity has been compromised any more than it is when I am at home cleaning up after 4 dogs, kids, etc..

As far as working hard, they say that we work less than some of our competitors, but less than others.. So we are somewhere in the middle. Min rest nights? Absolutely.. This rotation, we had two min rest days (Under 11 hours of rest) in a row, but got additional rest because of it. How hard you work here is also fleet dependent, where the Excels and smaller often do more legs than the Super mids and bigger.

It’s a pretty fun gig…
I’m pretty sure I read that- like other 135 gigs you don’t choose the plane you start in so how do you move to another other than upgrading? I assume there’s a seat lock? I see there are payscale differences so why would someone want to Captain the small jet at a lower pay than the mids and large cabin? It’s been advertised that “upgrading” isn’t just seniority based so how do you get into the plane that meets your long-term income goals? TIA