Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 02:16 PM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by DocMcFly View Post
I’m pretty sure I read that- like other 135 gigs you don’t choose the plane you start in so how do you move to another other than upgrading? I assume there’s a seat lock? I see there are payscale differences so why would someone want to Captain the small jet at a lower pay than the mids and large cabin? It’s been advertised that “upgrading” isn’t just seniority based so how do you get into the plane that meets your long-term income goals? TIA
First, everyone I know who was hired before and after me were told at their interview what aircraft they would get so it wasnt like Flex or NJ where you show up the first day of indoc and find out (unless that is a VERY recent change). Upgrading, from what I understand (I havent been involved in upgrading yet), they do look at seniority but it is not the end all. If the top 3 captains on the XL are the most senior of those wanting to upgrade to the X or GIV, they cant afford to lose 3 XL CA so they would probably take 1 or 2 and then pull one from another fleet so they dont poach too many from one fleet.