View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
maybe the problem is that it is only a few maverick pilots doing this and not every union pilot.

someone said that we could screw a pilot group by denying VA a jumpseat to work. well couldn't the argument be made that VA is screwing with most pilot groups out their with those pay rates and work rules. what's the ramifications of that?

why don't we hold pilots accountable for their actions or inactions?

I have no problem with competition from other airlines. I just have a problem when that competition is between pilot groups and while he/she is possible screwing me i'm suppose to take it and say "thank you sir, may I have another"
Eric....

As a CAL pilot, I said clearly that I disagree.

Do me a favor and revisit CALPilotToo's post:
"Pilots like this are destroying the industry. I'm getting to the point that if you are not a union pilot in the large regional or major categories you will not get on my jumpseat."

Pretty clear if your nonunion, your not going to ride....true?

So are you going to ban nonunion VA from the Jumpseat and let nonunion JB sit?? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Nonunion is nonunion. In letting one sit and banning the other is going to leave the nonunion guys as a whole really wanting to jump right in and join an ALPA, or some other independent and form up a union....JBPA....VAPA....whatever.

If ALPA, along with President John Prater, and MEC's at UAL, DAL, CAL, ALA, FEDEX, COEX, AMR EGL, Comair, ASA, Mesaba (XJ), Transtates (and the rest I am forgetting, sorry), want to say nonunion does not ride....then there you have it, that is a group movement. When you have some "radomes" playing games with "JS Bingo," that's extremely nonproductive, and destructive all the way around.

My view from the original post still has not changed.

I ask you the same question that I posed earlier.....do you commute??.......specifically JS to work??

Regardless of your take.....Animal House still rocks.