View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Eric....

As a CAL pilot, I said clearly that I disagree.

Do me a favor and revisit CALPilotToo's post:
"Pilots like this are destroying the industry. I'm getting to the point that if you are not a union pilot in the large regional or major categories you will not get on my jumpseat."

Pretty clear if your nonunion, your not going to ride....true?

So are you going to ban nonunion VA from the Jumpseat and let nonunion JB sit?? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Nonunion is nonunion. In letting one sit and banning the other is going to leave the nonunion guys as a whole really wanting to jump right in and join an ALPA, or some other independent and form up a union....JBPA....VAPA....whatever.

If ALPA, along with President John Prater, and MEC's at UAL, DAL, CAL, ALA, FEDEX, COEX, AMR EGL, Comair, ASA, Mesaba (XJ), Transtates (and the rest I am forgetting, sorry), want to say nonunion does not ride....then there you have it, that is a group movement. When you have some "radomes" playing games with "JS Bingo," that's extremely nonproductive, and destructive all the way around.

My view from the original post still has not changed.

I ask you the same question that I posed earlier.....do you commute??.......specifically JS to work??

Regardless of your take.....Animal House still rocks.
I honestly don't care if they are union or non union it's about undercutting this industry to get ahead. (think gojets) I will add that most non union carriers seem to do less for raising the bar then do union carriers.

I agree with your JS bingo analogy. that is why I said their should be more, as in all of ALPA and everyone else who wants to protect this industry. when go jets started my airline came out and said don't let gojets ride because what they were doing. alpa carrier. unfortunately that didn't last and others didn't go along.

I just feel pilots need to take responsibility for their own actions/inactions for what happens in this industry and stop blaming management and deregulation. management has been doing this since the beginning and deregulation happened 30 years ago. there is an old saying of "doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results" I think that was the definition of insanity.

as for commuting, I recently stopped after quit awhile of doing it. my beliefs were the same then as it is now. I've never felt that an easier commute is worth the possible effects of being undercut.