View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
Just remember, when you make the call to bump someone, it can have big repercussions downstream. You say "All unions should band together to do it". Ain't gonna happen cause the group, as a whole, see's that it isn't worth it the price.

Again. You gonna tell the CAL guys that ride on Jetblue to forget it for the sake of the profession?

Good luck with that.
I feel jetblue should have never been offered a ride when they started. I had a jetblue guy on my jumpseat in the begining who said he didn't care about the rates because he upgraded in less than a year and lived in grand rapids where the cost of living was less than most places. he said FO rates didn't matter because he wouldn't be one for long. that is the same thing I hear about guys looking at VA. what's the upgrade at jetblue now and what will it be at VA in the future?

if you are going to undercut airlines you shouldn't get the same benefits as the others who are trying to bring it up.

have people been able to commute before VA started. what happens if alaska tell's it's pilots they need to take a paycut to compete against VA.

I do agree with you that as a group unions don't want to do this. that would mean we may have to take some responsibility for our own actions in lowering the industry. that means we couldn't just blame management any more.