Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 12:22 PM
TXMike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 Line FO

I chatted with a couple of current students yesterday. Once is in "Systems" week and the other a week later in "CPTs". Earlier reported 29 in his Indoc class and the latter reported 40 in his. ALL were 175, we did not get into the details of the bases.

A couple of notes:

- they are seeing more prior-121 coming in, some even at DEC level hiring. Looks like June/July were the last "no prior jet" heavy groups. (Don't give up though, the prior 121 and prior jet pool will dry up
- 175 only moving forward is assured. 145 phase out accelerating. Recruiting is touting the new-to-us (15) 170s to arrive (hopefully soon) and the remaining (3) 175s coming up from the factory by end of year.
- base bid drop... commuting sucks but there is still movement within a short period of time as well as possible base trades while still in training (with the ALPA process). This really shouldn't hold you back.

There is no perfect decision, just get somewhere and start cranking the 121 flying hours. My experience has been good so far but I'm new. There's goofy stuff all over the industry, jump on board and try to enjoy it.

Even if you don't stay long term, getting through the program and line flying will certainly help your resume.