View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 07:11 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool I’ve been here for 4.5 years and…

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
Wow, indeed. You'd think if the place is so great that they wouldn't have to hang this over the heads of their employees.
On a completely unrelated item, I heard they had a Capt strike an FO about 3-4 years ago and that if the FO wouldn't make a big stink about it they wouldn't schedule him to fly with that particular Capt again. That lasted a couple of rotations and then they were put back together because no one else would fly with the Capt. Higher Ups said they'd fire the guy, but they were short on Capts. Needless to say, the guy refused to fly with the Capt again and left the company.
So….. That’s a pretty non-specific and not a first hand comment based on rumors… I’ve been here for 4.5 years and never heard of anyone “striking” anyone, much less 3-4 years ago, and if that did happen, it would have been huge news for our back then little Company. In addition, the stricken SIC could have and would have sued our pants off if forced to work in an unsafe environment, even in right-to-work NC.

I did know of 2 PIC’s, in particular, who did VERBAL striking to the other Team members, pilots and non-pilots, who were terminated before the Covid-19 growth and hiring that happened here. Both these pilots were abusive and profane to their fellow pilots and were also abusive to CSR’s, Line Personnel, Uber drivers, Hotel CSR’s, etc. And nobody wanted to fly with those people, but the Company eventually dealt with them when they found out about it. Guess what? No tears were shed and nobody misses them. Now, we have a Professional Standards Committee, and I guarantee you that the previous behavior mentioned will get corrected quickly or that pilot will be history. So no, no striking going on here.

As far as 24 months go, yeah.. that is a pretty long time. Funny thing though, I transitioned to the X over a year ago and nobody asked me to sign anything. They must have known that I was pretty happy here, 😂…. I do agree with 24 months being too long.

We are certainly not perfect, and at only 7.5 years old, have a long way to go to catch up to our older and more established competitors FLEX and NJA. But we have already passed some of our other competitors and continue to improve every day, coming a very long way in a very short time from 3 CJ’s to pushing 100 jets.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 08-02-2022 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I forgot…