Thread: Recessions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 07:51 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Will you open your mind long enough to watch a Prager U vid featuring an OBAMA Administration pooh bah?

Climate changing? Yes. Overblown? Absolutely.
Remember the hole in the ozone layer back in the 80's? Yeah, it was actually Margret Thatcher, then Prime Minister of the U.K. who was a former research chemist that persuaded then President Ronald Reagan that the people who were saying that its "overblown" were living in denial, and if we didn't take immediate action mankind is in a world of deep shiznit! Long story short, after the typical BS political "experts" chiming in, they teamed up with 3M to replace CFCs in aerosol cans, air conditioners, refrigerators etc. with a gas that is significantly less harmful.
Here we are again. History repeating, and no I won't listen to an Obama opinion piece. He was a constitutional law professor. If I need medical advice I'll ask a doctor, weather a meteorologist etc. Certainly not a politically motivated opinion pusher and definitely not a fellow pilot!

Carbon dioxide levels are high due to excessive burning of fossil fuels and its having a detrimental effect on the climate. That's not an opinion or a political talking point, it's just a fact. Just like the ozone layer there will be nay sayers and politicians who flow with the tide of their constituents to secure re-election, but eventually the adults in the room will come together and figure out an acceptable solution. That's my hope at least.

Last edited by Das Auto; 08-06-2022 at 08:16 PM.