View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 11:36 AM
Wingdeagle11
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by md11pilot11 View Post
It seems to me even with the growth of new A/C that the total number of flights is very reduced. How is this affecting the airline? Are people concerned with lack of opportunities for the airline in the future? As someone looking in from the outside without any information other than what is available to the public. I don’t doubt WGA will find business but it seems like they have a lot of airplanes to fly ANC-ICN-ANC which is almost all I see now. How does the pilot group view this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is correct that most of WGA’s flying is on the ANC-ICN route which extends to multiple airports in China, Hong Kong and Vietnam. Yet this is not due to lack of opportunities, but this is where the opportunities currently lie; since Covid, cargo rates out these places are at an all time high, so this is the reason for most of the flying going to this region. How does the pilot group view this ? Some love going to Asia, while some miss the previous type of flying which took them to many different places around the globe and some new hires have hardly been outside the country. My question: would a certain point of view from the pilot group change any route or marketing strategy ? I highly doubt it. Fact is, WGA had to weather some attrition like any other carrier and without a doubt it had some impact on the amount of flying. With recent improvements hiring and upgrading is back in full swing and hopefully this will generate more growth.