Thread: Equipment / Base Seniority

GoCats67 , 08-18-2022 02:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off
GoCats67
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2013
Quote: Thanks that's helpful. Some of that sounds pretty familiar but I guess the airport standby and them changing you all the time is not great.

Can someone also maybe tell me what these "Numbers" mean that people keep referencing in terms of DOH for seniority. Im assuming they are seniority numbers but for outsiders they don't mean much unless I am completely missing something.

And by that I mean on page 1 of this thread, the person who created that table put seniority numbers there (Im assuming). How do I reference that to actual DOH
The numbers I showed are the seniority numbers of the pilots in the junior positions listed. We have approximately 15000 total pilots on the seniority list. That list includes all active pilots plus everyone that is on some type of leave and some of the early retirement folks from the COVID early retirement programs, so we don't have 15000 active folks. I didn't include the DOH because it is difficult to cross reference all the doucments you would have to in order to get that correlated and their date of hire is also not relevent to when you can hold an assignment. What is relevent is your relative position on the master seniority list. 3 years ago the junior Denver Captain had over twenty years at UA. Now that person has 3 years.... even with that change in time on the property, the relative distance up the seniority list didn't change much. (it did go down a little since DEN has grown) I believe we either just hit or are about to hit the magic point of over half the seniority list being hired post merger. Suffice it to say that movement right now is eye wateringly fast! I will caution that the speed of your movement on the list is far more varialble than the percentage on the list you need to be to hold things. So, if you do the math based on 15000 pilots you can get the percentage up the list you would need to be to hold the positions you asked about. Getting to those percentages is happening extremely fast right now, but that could change.

I was just out for training at DTK and it is unbelievable. The sims are constantly in use and the Fall through Spring training plan is maxed out on every fleet to get ready for next summer. The Training Center is largest in the world already and they are building a new building (H) even though they just finished a new building (G) a couple of years ago. They are designing an expansion for more sim bays on building F, which is tentatively planned once they finish H. All that is to say that they certainly don't show any signs of slowing down on their hiring/growth plans despite what you see in the economic news!