View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 05:19 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
You mean in September it will be.

I don't consider just now passing a pay rate that has been frozen for 3 years as much to brag about. Hopefully we will do better. If not, I certainly will not be bragging about it. That $395 rate that I mentioned is what the United top pay rate would be today if you increased their 2019 rate by 3% a year.

As far as switching to a single pay rate goes with seat movement, it will take years for that to work itself through the system. Again, 90% of our crew force is on wide body pay already, and that doesn't include those on junior activation pay.

Let's just hope that we, as well as the passenger carriers, have contracts that leave UPS looking like redheaded step children. I'd like to see a tsunami of a rising tide, not just a slightly flooded creek.
Totally agree with one caveat. Nobody comes close to our 74 pay. It’s a technicality, since no other top tier carrier operates them, but true nonetheless. PLEASE, smoke us on rates. As the only pilot group getting raises the last couple years, it’s getting increasingly difficult to argue for a raise when we already make more. I don’t care (too much) how much I make compared to whoever, I do care if my paycheck is keeping up with inflation and the increased profit I bring my company.