View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 05:33 PM
EMBCRJPilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
We are not in a good position. If DAL Management gives 9E a pay raise DAL Pilots will riot and make it that much harder to get any TA passed. Also with SKW, Mesa and I’ll guess Republic soon having/getting new pay rates, DAL can shift our flying over to them as needed.
Originally Posted by legend View Post
My argument on that is if we are lowest paid and have best performance why would Delta transfer the flying to them? Our union isn’t demanding anything or causing problems for Delta Management.. I agree in this industry anything can happen But the sky is Not falling here.. I wouldn’t want to be at any regional in 2022 that isn’t owned by the major… Air Wisconsin just lost their contract.. Don’t listen to the Sky’s Falling people on here, they want you to leave to show attrition numbers and created Demand.. I do agree if you have a chance to go to a LCC or better that would be worth the risk but to another regional? No way!!! I also don’t think we’ll be getting pay raises like Mesa and American sub… It’s temporary… I’d rather work on something better than our current Flow…
Originally Posted by overqualified52 View Post
I agree with you . I would imagine that Skywest, Republic and the likes would have to start charging Delta more for the flying they do to pay for those significant pay raises . I think it would serve Delta better to increase our rates or absorb us . The Delta pilots are also a Force to be reckoned with as they want the regional flying brought in house as much as possible . So I’m not in the belief they are gonna dole out more flying to these other regionals . Once again how is Skywest, Mesa and possibly Republic going to pay for these significant pay raises ? I’m assuming by charging their Major partner more .
Originally Posted by legend View Post
Agree with this.. It’s in Delta managements court… Let them figure it out…
Thanks for the information!! I’m looking at Endeavor primarily because I live in the DTW base. The other AA WOs don’t have a base near me though one has a base that wouldn’t be a hard commute. With the bonus, as a DEC, I wouldn’t take a pay cut for two years. If I were to flow in two years that be perfect but the word “eligible” in all the advertisements isn’t lost on me. I haven’t heard much good about flows at any airline. that would be the best scenario though.
The one thing the AA WOs have is you get top of scale (213) if you don’t flow in 5 years. So the pay is better now, but not the bases.
But then I want to join the training department sooner than later, and it’s much easier to commute to MSP for that vs like DFW.