Thread: Md-10 siba
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:35 AM
Crazy Canuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
What is the MEC doing to empower its members?
ding ding ding!!!!! And it's not just the MEC. Nor is it just ALPA, for that matter. I have found the culture here to be extremely passive to a fault. Don't get me wrong, I love working here, I believe in a "can do" attitude and doing my part to make FDX successful. However, I also believe in healthy boundaries that require fair, respectful treatment. Since I have been here I have watched as pilots sit back and accept the ever-increasing slippery slope that is the constant chipping away at our QOL, work rules, and past accepted practices. Whenever I have engaged any of my block reps or any ALPA member over my concerns, including some of the blatant CBA violations, I have been fought with, dismissed, or given a long, empty-winded speech over EVERY SINGLE issue.

You can criticize me all you like, but one thing I did admire at Atlas was that the union took on every single fight they could. I could get ahold of someone in the union 24/7 for help at any time and was never once told "well, it's a grey area and we don't think we can win and if you don't like it YOU should run for rep..."