View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 AM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by DYNASTY HVY View Post
Well thats not quite right and by the way we will all be over 60 one day and will be making the decision to stay or leave and the folks behind us will be saying the same as what some are saying today about the old fellas who are staying on.Savvy?
While you will have a choice to retire at 60, 61, 65 or even later if you go to the FE seat (I'm guessing since I don't know your age) - I'm certain that option won’t be available to me and other junior guys when it's our turn to retire. Of course, we'll be able to retire "early" at 60 but not without a pension penalty.

The only true winners here are the guys over 60 AND pilots who are already secure in the left seat - in other words those who aren't risking getting bumped from the left seat. For them, the new rule means an additional 5 years of making well over quarter million dollars a year - no wonder most of them are OK with the new rule.

This thread is not really about age 60 debate but since you’re comparing apples to oranges I had to reply…