Thread: Class drops..
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 03:02 PM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Class drops..

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
You are hilarious! So, you have nothing except "you believe" they mentioned it on a PUB call. Haven't we already exceeded the time frame for the protocol agreement? So, after 16 months of limited negotiations where we are only down to the money, you think opening all sections will get things done? You really need to take this act on the road. It would be really funny if it weren't so sad that you actually believe your delusions.

So, during the beginning and height of COVID, the company wanted items from us, and we only came up with an MOU that either side could opt out of at any time. So if we couldn't get real changes to the contract during that period, what makes you think that we could get changes between contracts later? Wouldn't that have been the perfect opportunity to permanently fix some major issues in our contract?

Yeah, I believe it was a PUB when it was mentioned. And I believe it came as an answer given by the NC chair. If you don’t believe me, that’s fine. Won’t give me any tummy aches. But if you want, you can ask him or your rep. Bottom line, the NMB won’t see it as anything other than a pre-agreed protocol that is standard for all section 6 negotiations.

As for mid-contract agreements, like I said, nothing precludes them from happening. It’s just about using anything management wants now as leverage. Whether that’s some change in contract language they want or as part of a grievance settlement. Nothing new so I’m not sure why you feel like they never happen.

I feel that filing of vacancies as a section that can be improved either mid-contract, next contract, or as part of a larger negation entered under the protocol agreement. Is your beef with what I’m saying simply one of timing of this possible contract improvement? Because that’s what it reads like to me. If it is, then we can just agree that you have a beef with that and I’m ok with it.