View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 09:55 PM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Tangalanga View Post
Thank you. I understand that, part of the CONS. At the same time there is the challenge and excitement of being part of something new from almost the beginning. But sure, it is a gamble with a startup. The point is that with my age, I will probably fly for no more than another 15 years, I will never be a WB Captain again in a Legacy Airline, so then what is the point (talking about seat and A/C alone) of going there... Regardless of the better money and less risk, do you think that QOL is going to be better at a bigger and more established Airline? when you start at the bottom of a 14000+ list? I'm seriously asking, it's not rhetoric or sarcastic. I'm being flying outside of the US for many years now and lost touch with "aviation reality" here (USA) and trying to catch up with it fast.
Thanks for your input,

Tanga
I’m at NK, like the people I work with, and got lucky with my timing (4th time was the charm ;/ ). Yes if you go to AA you will be #14K, and coming from international WB CA, that’s a step down. But in 15 years they will retire way over half the list. For me personally, I would take that over trying to be #1 at the small pond. I did it twice earlier on, and had to redo my resume every time. Most importantly, go where you think you will fit in. Definitely not worth being miserable.