View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 03:07 PM
sky jet
Polyester Pilot

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by Armyguy View Post
typical acmi operator, they jumpseat on us with our published schedules yet theirs are this mystery
I understand your sentiment but there are several variables to this equation. ACMI by nature means that these airlines fly for customers. Some specifically either don't allow jumpseaters into their facilities or are not keen to have their schedules published. From your username I'm sure you can appreciate that many of the ACMI flights are for the DOD. They also are not keen on publishing schedules. As for the rest, I agree that it should be easier to find out where and when an ACMI carrier flies. Usually, the easiest thing to do is call the jumpseat number and tell them where you want to go and see if they have a flight. I have people tell me that they are fairly helpful although there is always the outlier. If you can figure out the schedule it is often the best way to fly. At my ACMI we have regular riders to several international destinations. They get a nice seat, a decent meal, sometimes a bunk and always tell us that hey love riding with us. For my part, I haven't jumpseated in nearly 20 years but did a lot of it early in my career and I love paying it back. Come give us a try.