Old 09-13-2022, 09:36 PM
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Default CDC: 44% of hospitalizations are boosted

For the last 6 months there has been data showing the more shots you have the more likely you are to test positive. This was considered a conspiracy theory in the States while actually being researched elsewhere. I’ve noticed though, in the past month, there’s been a growing acceptance towards this data.

The CDC’s own data now shows 44% of “non pregnant people” that are hospitalized have the initial 2 shots AND at least 1 or more booster. While the population as a whole only has about 33% that have 2 plus 1 booster. This doesn’t even include the people that only just have the first 1 or 2 shots. So who knows the percentage when you include that category as well. And knowing the CDC, the 44% is likely much higher in reality even just for the boosted. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...cid=mm7134a3_x

The CDC gives this data, but then also says unvaccinated are still 3.4 times more likely to be hospitalized. Typical CDC math. My guess is that when they state the 44% they say it’s in non pregnant people purposefully. 80% of the population has at least 1 initial shot, while only 62% of women giving birth typically have just 1 initial shot. Only 33% of the population as a whole has a booster so my guess is the amount of pregnant women that are boosted or even just have the first 2 shots is extremely low. The likely scenario, to come up with their claim of 3.4x more likely… they’re taking the extremely low vaccinated pregnant people giving birth and combining it with the non pregnant people. Typical par for the course for the CDC the last 2.5 years.