View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 10:29 AM
sealandair
Chopstick Grandmaster

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post

You’ll need an SI.
Where did you find that table? It's one I haven't come across yet. I've been reading through 67.401 and looking at the FAAs guide for AMEs though. There's also a SODA listed in 67.401, and if my condition is "static", I wonder if I'd be eligible for one of those. It really doesn't matter in the long run, since SI or not it shouldn't be a big hurdle to getting hired as rickair mentions. Might take the FAA 2-3 months to pick up a deferred 1C application, but if I do apply to the regionals I'm looking at least 6 months out so I can study up and get current, so that should be plenty of time to get the paperwork going. What I'm interested in is how much ADDITIONAL time, if any, it takes to grant an SI, vs a SODA, vs a regular approval if they're satisfied with me and my doc's paperwork. And if a HIMS Ame were required plus additional psych testing, what I might be looking at in additional costs. I bring up HIMS because the FAA puts depression in the same category of illnesses as substance dependence, and if I understand the regs right, pilots who fly while currently taking SSRIs have to see a HIMS Ame, even if they don't touch booze or drugs.