View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 04:43 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by sealandair View Post
No, I have not "repeatedly stated" it, in fact this is the first time I mentioned anything about stigma.
You've talked about it repeatedly. Post 11, for example:

We all know the FAA can be arcane and clumsy, especially with regards to medical certification. They base a lot of their decisions off of medical knowledge and practices 30 years old, and I wonder how many FAA docs in OKC are really up to date.
Or post 17:

What the FAA and other aviation authorities don't get (yet) is people like Andreas Lubitz had more than a serious case of depression going on.
Or post 30:

My guess is the FAA feels that either depression and substance abuse are inextricably linked (they aren't), or they're tired of incomplete applications they know they'll have to reject based on insufficient documentation, and a HIMS doc already knows the drill.
Or of course, post 42, where you said it again. So yes, repeatedly.

There's still plenty of stigma and outdated information that exists even within the FAA, and it's possible a phone discussion could turn into an interrogation, or they could decide to collect info about you.
You have a real 'the-FAA-is antiquated-and-outdated-and-doesn't-know-what-they're-talking-about' vibe going on here. You've stated it REPEATEDLY. You really seem to think that you know more than the FAA; this is central to your commentary. You need to lose that. You continue to post as though the FAA's misunderstanding, it's failure to know as much as you, is a hoop to be jumped through, and nothing more.

The standards exist for a reason, are neither antiquated nor rendered irrelevant by modern understanding. Not even yours.

You may note that the FAA uses external psychologists to perform an evaluation, and then uses the report and recommendation of that psychologist when considering each case. By necessity, your case must be considered on it's own merits, and will be.

Please don't put thoughts or words in my mouth I neither said or implied, thank you.
I quoted you. Go figure.