I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by BKM76 View Post
Regional CA
4000TT
670 TPIC
Couple of failures
4 year aviation degree
Similar situation. Applied for years at Frontier while I was an FO, never got noticed. Same at spirit, but they finally called when I got an upgrade in base so I declined NK. I’ve had a couple Major interviews and TBNT from both. I was brand new in the left seat, barely any PIC at the time. Now out of the blue, F9 sent the assessment, interview coming up soon. Even though OO is probably about to sign a massive pay raise, I’m not trying to make a career at a regional (slowly dying on reserve too, since I rarely actually see flying in my base as they outsource me all over).

Anyway not really sure what triggered the sudden invite. 3400 total 100 TPIC (just shy of 50 when I got the assessment), no 121 fails but a couple fails way back in college, degree. This is the first time I’ve gotten any attention from F9, other than the automated airlineapps email the first time I added frontier to my job targeting way back in the day. So I’m not really sure what piqued their interest this time around, I figured regional captains would be flagged as a flight risk haha. But I love the prospect of flying an Airbus, really love the PHX base, and just want to get out of the regionals.