Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 07:23 AM
OnTheMeridian
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by obiden View Post
NJ is busier than ever, buying airplanes, and offering 2.5x for extended days...but your NJASAP leaders claim there's no money to negotiate for. That is insulting.
Any idiot knows that's a coverup for being stuck in the ridiculous contract extension. You know, the one that was exchanged for the bribe money.
Here's the perfect example of what I was talking about.

That is NOT what union leaders said. I'm not putting union communications on these boards, but I'm sure you can go back and read them for yourself. Read what's actually written, not what you want them to say. No one has said the company has no money, or is broke. No one. Not union leadership. Not union volunteers. Not even GR or DZ.

Maybe union leadership is completely wrong about how much money is available. Maybe they're right. The only thing I know for certain is they've done a lot more research than the usual haters who claim they KNOW what the company's finances are.
As for Das Auto's claim about negotiations, it's true, a number of the major players are in negotiations. True. But they are in section 6. And they will started years ago. None of them opened negotiations recently because of the pilot market. And even now it's not ending quickly. The regionals are a different story. They were hemorrhaging pilots so fast and had so many planes parked because of it, they were pretty much out of options except to provide an unsolicited offer of more money.

Like it or not, Netjets is not currently in negotiations nor approaching anything. Additionally, as much as we're wishing things were different, they are filing classes and attrition isn't terribly high.

That may change in the future, but they don't seem to be feeling the pressure yet.

There are a few things the union can do to increase pressure on the company, but the reality is that it's not much. I think it's fair to not like the duration of our CBA. And I certainly agree we should be seeing pay increases, along with improvements in other areas. Blaming union leadership for getting us past gains we all liked, but came with increased CBA duration that the membership voted in, is pointless and divisive.

We are where we are. None of us are starving or losing our homes, even with current inflation. But if things are so intolerable here, there's never been a better time, even for more seasoned Netjets veterans, to find happier circumstances.