Thread: FDX-contract improvements next negotiations

Daniel Larusso , 03-27-2008 03:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2006
Quote: You know what everybody wants? I thought I knew everything.
Nah, I don' know either. I assume that there will be a survey from the NC along with input from meetings, e-mail, etc to gain some sort of consensus
on what the group wants conceptually on all issues including pay. I was just trying to say that among other reasons, without that info it's kind of hard for us to talk pay rates effectively.

I wasn't attempting to say what is right or wrong.

I know. I tried to make that clear in my post, perhaps I didn't.

So rather than negotiate larger raises for just 50% of us(F/Os)...It would seem logical that we would want to negotiate raises for everyone.

Absolutely, I haven't heard anyone that supports just raising FO pay rates although I'm sure they're out there! I think what some people are advocating would probably lead to some 'uneven' non-inflationary pay raise percentages between the seats at certain YOS, but not a raise for one group at the complete exclusion of another. Was that a mouthful!

I still think the bigger picture is that however we frame this issue it really seems like it has the potential for some 'crabs in a barrel' fun before we even get to things like the optimizer, retirement, health care, etc....