View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Akutan Bandit
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B200

Doubt we’ve ever seen a larger war on the consumer than is underway right now.

Question from a strategic viewpoint is who folds first. After that I’d ask about depth of the employment group in that field. So is it the flip flop crowd headed to Cancun to do Jell-O shots, the family buying off of Amazon, or the business travel accounts who are most at risk? Not to present myself as the gypsy with the crystal ball, just posing the question and throwing out a simple opinion.

I think the segment that fares the poorest is the high-end and high-margin one. Wanna couple that with getting in line behind 10,000 other pilots at a legacy? I wouldn't. America is showing populist trends everywhere, and I’d bet we support the masses and the budget traveler prior to holding up the previous trend of protecting legacy wealth (which has been our status quo). And there is. I way that instant gratification oriented online shopping goes away soon. It’s the opioid of many, from W. Virginia to Seattle, and a secular trend.

I’d suck it up and stay while applying to UPS and FedEx. Unless of course you need someone young to sit on your lap and ask about Turkish prisons.