View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 03:28 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
Why should money be stolen from me to pay for other people's kids to be educated?

I don't have kids, I shouldn't have to pay for other people's choices.

Because we all benefit from having a well educated society. The very fact you're posting on this website is just one small example of that. Someone has to go out and build our roads/runways, update our infrastructure, cure cancer, etc... I don't have kids either, but I understand the benefit of ensuring our youth are educated.

On a more macro scale, as Gunfighter eluded to, a declining population is a big deal. Social Security is just one example, of which I'll be surprised if I see it in its current form. Another issue is the idea that a declining population is a direct threat to our national security.

Originally Posted by nene View Post
Sure, I actually pony up taxes for "good schools" but still use private so I pay twice. By choice of course.

Society though is benefited by having educated, well adjusted children entering the workforce, inventing the future inventions, etc.

Of course that is your choice, As mentioned above, I agree with your point about a well educated society. This is why I think we should all pay a flat amount, then X above that for each child in school. This would benefit you since you'd be sending your kids to a private school, thus would pay a lower amount to a school you're not utilizing. That money then could be applied toward your private school fees.

Last edited by crewdawg; 09-24-2022 at 03:42 AM.