Thread: GoJet Survival
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 08:27 PM
GojetFires
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Str8 Cash Homie View Post
I understood where you were going with it. If SkyWest thought the 550 had any future past the next year or two they wouldn’t have leased the 700’s.

I’m just pointing out the vacancy report could list 500 upgrade openings and we’d maybe get 80 spots filled on a good month. The reality is SkyWest will probably get to the point of 20 or 30 FO’s per month that meet the requirements of the 1,000 121/135 flight time requirement to upgrade.

After the new weights from the FAA the 550 needs to be scrapped in my opinion. I would be absolutely shocked if United pilots allowed the weights to increase for scope compliance to make the 550 investment worth while in the long run. We should all be upset if they sold out mainline jobs for a quick buck, but I’m not concerned about it. No way they’d even consider it.
Opps, I guess I'm writing while assuming more of my thoughts are coming through than I wrote. I wasn't even thinking about the 550s, just all the Captain slots with immediate training openings. First year Capt pay at SW is now 140k but a pilot with 5 years of 121 experience would go to SW at their new rate of $158.95. SW could take every GJ Captain and put him/her into training in the same month. I guess if UAL actually values the 550 they would come too. Skywest tends to know all and have everything planned out to the tee before anything in the industry happens.