Thread: Berry Aviation
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 08:01 AM
BaltimorePilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
There is no straight forward answer for this due to various factors, the economy being the biggest influence. Today's answer will be ~600 to 800~. Tomorrow's answer may be less than 500. I flew 800 hours in my first 12 months. It also depends on how many weekends you work (required to work 1 every 4 weeks). If you're willing and able to pick up weekends, that will increase your overall flight time and decrease hours if you prefer to give up your assigned weekends. My answer today would be that it's a good place to grind out some hours to 1,500 and move on. Tomorrow, it may not. As long as you're willing to accept the potential that anything can happen, and you could be stuck there longer than desired (like any aviation job), Berry will give you quality flight time.
Yea that’s completely understandable but compared to other 135 jobs that do hire “low time” pilots they seem very attractive. The pay is definitely unmatched and they even fly to some destinations in Canada and Mexico. Like i said I’m already aware of the QOL and that it can be demanding but the pay kinda balances the labor aspect of it. Also being able to gain a type rating and fly the aircraft unlike other companies that fly single pilot aircraft such as a PC-12, or a caravan or even some non-turbine aircraft like a stationair for parachute ops i feel like it opens more doors.