View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 02:14 PM
Rhdicjkwso
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by MSPLCP View Post
There is a major effort underway to address this. I've only been here 4.5 years, but in that time I've never seen management so concerned about addressing QOL issues. I know that's at least partially to become competitive with other carriers and slow the attrition, but it's also a genuine desire of the new management. The message has been heard loud and clear that no one is happy with mixed schedules. Local pilots don't want 6 day trips and commuters don't want turns. I think the long line solution is genius. Commuters can get paid positive space deadheads to and from these completely voluntary lines. The November lines just came out and they look pretty decent. If I lived out of base, these lines would be a no brainer. 13 days on with no stress of commuting and the rest of the month off. Want more money? No one else will have that many open days to pick up. Want more time off? well 17 to 18 off seems pretty decent to me. If you want a month off you can front load one month and back load the following month to combine your days off and get a full month off without taking vacation or missing out on pay. The last bid had I believe 20 total long lines (CA+FO) to try it out. There was far more demand for them than they originally thought. I believe ~70 pilots bid for them, so this month they increased it to 30 lines and will likely add more the following month. Ideally there will be enough long lines and enough pilots bidding for them that there are no trips longer than 4 days in the regular bid package. It's a win win for everyone.
Not to mention 3.5 rig, 5 hour average day, and 5 hour min day. This contract hasn’t even been fully implemented and qol gains are yet to come. Seems the TA was signed for the money and the rules come later.