Old 09-29-2022, 12:55 PM
LuvsTacos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021
Default Garbage TA rates, what’s going on here?

Why do people think that attempting but failing to get new rates that meet inflation is the goal? Why are TAs coming out that have concessionary rates when inflation is figured in? Should not goals be inflation +%? I see these new rates when applied to major airlines as a failure. This is the first time in decades there is a chance to pull back the losses and failures of previous contract compensation. Look at the regionals right now, inflation+ TAs being hammered out every week. CAs at regionals are about to make as much or more as legacy/major/lcc FOs that have been on property for years. This bar needs to be raised at both the regional and final level of career progression in this industry. I’m seriously at a loss of words whenever I see these things being pushed out. I’m not talking about QOL here, those improvement are completely separate in my mind and also deserve as much improvement. I really hope I am not alone in recognizing this bargaining power that has finally arrived. A raise is not a raise if inflation is more or equal to the new rates.