Thread: Mediation
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 03:01 AM
Freighthumper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
There is a simple fix for this. No agreement is signed unless everyone that retired since the amendable date is included in the new retirement.

It's kind of like the retro pay/signing bonus. We fix the retirement for those that were forced to retire while the company dragged its feet.

No one left behind. Let's see if the union leadership will support the rank and file like they should.
I think it’s a real stretch to expect this. We’ve never even had a fair retro pay. There hasn’t been an increase to the retirement since 1998 because WE(can’t blame it all on ALPA) keep voting for contracts that don’t include it. This includes everyone that has left since amendable date.

It may be a 777 fleet thing, but I’ve flown with captain after captain over the past year + who has said, “I’m out of here in a year, I’ve given the union my dues for XX years and I’m going to make as much as I can make before I’m out.” The last guy I flew with had 160CH on his calendar at STRAIGHT time. If any seat could have flown their line and rapidly made a difference in this fight, it is M77C. These guys had the seniority to sell back vacation, bid to conflict, a number of ways to squeeze that the junior guys don’t. Although I understand some do not fairly represent all, I don’t think we should be spending negotiating any negotiating capital on people who missed the cut off. Many of them got more in draft pay that the increased pension(if we get it) would have paid them anyways.

And again for the record, it’s not all of them. Some are super stand up people.