View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 09:26 AM
Lumberg823
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by aviator1998 View Post
Sorry if this is repetitive, I didn't see a thread quite like this started yet. I see alot of posts on other pages/forums about LCC's with people comparing days off per month, days off between work blocks, etc. Clearly pay is the big topic around the industry right now but I'm curious as to if some can shed some light on the current QOL at UA. What is a typical schedule like as far as days off per month and days off between work blocks, any commuter protections, ability to pick up open time on off days, etc etc.
Like at your airline everything gets better with seniority. Things are moving quickly and on the NB fleet, you will move up fairly quickly. Most new hires are lineholders within 3-6 months, not great lines but they have the opportunity to trade, drop, or pick up on days off. Schedules change with the season, and during the slow months, you will get lower credit lines that equate to 13-15 days off as a lineholder. Rsv is 12-13 days off depending on the length of the month. Commuter protections are as long as you give yourself 2 options, you are protected, and it doesn't have to be on UAL metal. PBS lets you waive min time off between work blocks and some commuters prefer to work back to back and limit commutes, otherwise I think it is min a day off between trips. Picking up trips will be a function of seniority, time off, and not exceeding contract limits for days worked and block hours. All I can say is I thought life was not too bad as a junior pilot, and with some seniority, it is pretty damm awesome.