Old 10-02-2022, 04:07 PM
awax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by ReadyRsv View Post
the people picketing. They are pro age 67
yeah, got that. “SAVE ALPA”, a group that isn’t any kind of bargaining agent and who’s picketing the actual bargaining agent. All this being done outside of the established way of doing union business.

How do I feel about that? A little embarrassed for them and slightly annoyed. Can you say attack Hamster?

As for age 67, I’m a bit of a contrarian there. I support giving pilots as many options as possible. Pick up credit to the FAR limits, drop to zero, trade trips, commute offline, etc. These are all things (and more!) that didn’t when I was hired. So through advocacy and process these options are now available and provide choice for pilots.

In that context I don’t see a problem age 67 if that’s the will of the body. Now, obviously the body has has spoken and I respect that. However, every argument against is some version of “get out my seat ya old fart” and steeped in self interest, not one of beneficial options for the group. Personally I don’t see how having a non-mandated option to get pilots to social security age is a bad thing. But apparently that’s just me.

When I was hired, guys were on the engineer panel for 20 years, it was truly stagnant. Looking at the last bid, career progression is a tough argument to make.

All that said, “union members” picketing the BOD is buffoonery.