View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 11:46 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Gordon Axel View Post
I can’t understand why a majority of you are not jumping ship for “gr$$ner” pastures. With current raises at the airlines and more coming you guys are severely under compensated. And working 7 days in a row away from the family must be a grind. I’m not sure how you can fly around the wealthiest sob’s in the the world for peanuts. But honestly, they need 40-60% raises and unlimited cc52 in the next 6 months or I’d be gone. Also, sounds like you guys work your a$$ off. Hopefully things get better over there.
Many NJA pilots of rapidly advancing age and more than 15 or 20 years on property (myself included) don’t have enough career runway left to make up the initial pay cut. If I were only 5 years younger, I would have pulled the pin 18 months ago. There are lots and lots of people who just had unlucky career timing, ended up at NJ and now have golden handcuffs. It is what it is.

But I would encourage any pilot under the age of even 50 to look REALLY hard at a major. Apply. Take an interview or two. You can always say no. The math really is overwhelming.