Thread: AA Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 04:39 AM
Varks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by pilot2804 View Post
How is everyone enjoying it at AA? Have the blessing to choose between the 3. Pretty much full time commuter for the rest of my life. AA has always been #1 to me for multiple reasons and I can see myself moving to a base (one day possibly). But are y'all happy outside of negotiations? Company stable enough to last the next 30+ years?
Commuting is 80% of my angst. If you are committed to life long commuting then what you need to know is which airline will offer the easiest commute. Many factors involved. MSP-ORD, MCO- MIA for example is a very tough commute at AA. Looks easy on paper but the large amount of employees doing it makes it very hard. I recently had 13 pilots/flight attendants on MCO-MIA route. Own airline will help. Avoid regionals to commute on. AA does not have flight deck jumpseat as part of aircraft BOW. I have been left behind twice recently because of weight restricted flights. Ouch. We used to sometimes get positive space if flight was full and you call scheduling. Not anymore. A pilot hating management pilot has put an end to that. Jerk.

Congratulations. Don’t commute.